Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jiggy

Gosh I really miss this little face. 
Sad is an understatement. Maybe devastated captures how we feel. We made a tough decision today. We laid our sweet little Jiggy to rest. He'd been a good and loyal friend, and we didn't like seeing him suffer. As a matter of fact, he was more than a friend - he was a little family member. He and Shawn were living a bachelor's life when I came along, so I'm just glad that he accepted me. We knew this day was coming, but there's still nothing you can do to prepare.

Our friends and fellow pet lovers have surrounded us with lots of love and support. Those of you who haven't known the love of a pet may not get it, but it's the sweetest most unconditional love I've encountered. It's like God created dogs with the sole intention for them to protect, love, and be loyal. The only thing that will make us feel better is time. We're hurting, but we made the right decision. You just look into your pet's eyes, and you know it's time.

Until next time . . . I'll be missing Jiggy, my little 9-lb boss, terribly.

Lift us up in your thoughts and prayers. ~ TJ

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate it. Hugs to Kiwi!

      Delete
  2. Dog is God spelled backwards. I will miss Jiggy too! It's a hard transition to get used to your new life but in time it will get better. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete